Thursday, June 20, 2013

Close your eyes, slow your breath

Dear Calexico, I still love you after all these years.  

The following are some photos from Calexico's performance at Arts & Ideas this weekend. The words are from my favorite songs of theirs. (Quattro, He Lays in the Reins, Alone Again Or, Roka, etc.)



One more kiss tonight from some tall stable girl
She's like grace from the earth
When you're all tuckered out and tame


So close your eyes
Slow your breath
Dream of northern lights
And this dance of death


Yeah, said it's all right I won't forget
All the times I waited patiently for you
And you'll do just what you choose to do
And I will be alone again tonight my dear


Yeah, I heard this funny thing
Somebody said to me
That I could be in love with almost everyone
I think that people are the greatest fun


Leave the heart of the city for the heart of the world
Leave the heart of this city
Love the way her trust unfurls

Although we couldn't see a thing that night
And the stars in their slowness
And their slowness took us by surprise

No comments: