Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A day trip to Bethel, a rainbow and my fuzzywuzzy.

I feel a little sheepish about my first photos after years of silence are from my iPhone, but this is the way I roll. So whatevz. After doing a cancer fundraising walk around a high school track (and let's not forget about that one very challenging lap that I RAN in jeans) we (The Hertz/Sampliner clan) hit up an old fashioned diner in town called Sycamore. It reminded me of Chubby's, where my parents used to take me when I was a wee one. We'd sit by posters of James Dean and listen to tunes by Elvis, all while chomping down on loaded foot longs. Every town should have it's own version of Chubby's or Sycamore.
The day started off super overcast with huge doom-like black clouds. Those seem to follow me ere'where. =) But the sky cleared and it became the perfect fall day with clear blue skies.
Some of my favorite food groups...
At home the clouds came back and were followed with a creepy, quick-traveling thunderstorm. The weather has been so bizarre the past couple weeks. Super cold nights lead to 80 degree days ending with epic rain storms that turn cities into swimming pools. At least Sunday's storm ended with this guy.
And since this is my first real photo post after years of quiet, it would not be complete with out a photo of my precious pup. This is how she spent her Sunday evening.
I don't expect to be posting mind blowing photos here every day. (Hopefully there will be some amazing images at some point!) But my intentions are simple. I want to keep shooting and hopefully fine tune my photo skills while sharing a visual diary of my life as it is now.
And so begins my new project! P.S. I take requests, so if you have a place you want photographed, let me know!!!!

2 comments:

Francine said...

Awesome job! Love the tree shadow photo!!!!

Lauren said...

Thanks Francine! That's my favorite as well.