Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Phoenix--->Flagstaff

Somewhere between Phoenix and Flagstaff there exists a place called Sunset Point. Really it's just a fancy name for a much needed rest stop out in the middle of nowhere. Lucky for Tiff and I, I have to pee like every 15 minutes so we pulled over at this lovely place. And it just so happened to be near sunset time. Hello golden hour, come to me, fall in my lap like magic. The couple taking a photo in the background of this photo was pretty excited about our future travels and told us about some places not to miss. The gentleman's wife has been in a lot of pain and this was the first time she was able to walk with him to watch the sun fall behind the mountains. He usually just takes photos to show her this place.



I don't care about what's in this photos, except for the color and shadows.


This is what I call a hipster photo. It just is. I don't know what the point it. But it's pretty to look at and I am attempting to get over my strict "rule of thirds" framing.
I'm extremely uncomfortable looking at a camera while being photographed, so I do things like this.
You know you have a good travel companion when she suggests sticking around for nature's free light show at a random Arizona truck stop even though we've been traveling over 13 hours.
                                                                   What time is it?

I can see for miles and miles...



Sundown at Sunset Point.



Tiff, doing her fancy camera thang.

                 I finish with my favorite image from our little rest stop on the side of highway 17.

2 comments:

Kathy-I_Want-Your-Muse said...

Golden hour x (fantastic eye + radical framing) = genius

Lauren said...

Did you take a peek at the peaks and was your interest piqued?